Another recipe to add to the “good” pile. I got a good deal on salmon at my favorite store ever – Hy-vee – so I’ve been experimenting with several salmon recipes. This one has definitely been my favorite so far and it’s super easy and tastes great. Plus, you get your protein, veggies, and grains all in one dish!
Lemon-Butter Salmon & Broccoli Penne
- 4 oz salmon
- 2 oz dry whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 T butter, melted
- 4 T water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Broil or grill salmon for about 8 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Cook pasta and heat broccoli until warm.
- Whisk together melted butter, water, lemon zest and juice, and garlic.
- Toss with penne and broccoli and place cooked salmon on top. Drizzle lemon-butter sauce over all.