Another salmon recipe…although this one wasn’t as good as the first one. It was a good attempt but I enjoyed the other recipe much more. This one doesn’t quite make the “keep” pile. I would still recommend it though!
Glazed Salmon with Broccoli Rice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 head broccoli ( I used 1 cup frozen)
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 1 T olive oil
- Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine sugar and soy sauce; set aside.
- Cook rice according to directions, stirring in the broccoli during the last 3 minutes. Let stand off heat until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place salmon and onion on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, spooning half the sugar and soy sauce glaze over the salmon during the last 2 minutes of cooking, until salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve salmon and onion with rice and remaining glaze.