My mom’s brisket is one of my favorite meals. I got a good deal on some meat just before Christmas break and decided to try the recipe which is a specialty of my dad’s sisters.
- 5-7 pounds brisket
- brown sugar
- savory salt
- garlic salt
- liquid smoke
- 8-10 oz barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups liquid from baked meat
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- Place foil in a baking pan and place meat on it. Sprinkle both sides of meat with salts and coat each side with brown sugar. Sprinkle both sides with liquid smoke and close foil tightly. Marinate overnight or at least 4 hours. Note: I only had 2 pounds of brisket so I placed directly in the crockpot and let it marinate as it cooked.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for 6-8 hours or cook in a crockpot for 8-10 hours ( ~4 hours on high and 4 hours on medium.)
- Remove meat from pan and foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes before slicing. Return meat to baking dish or crockpot.
- Mix together remaining ingredients with 2 cups of reserved liquid. Pour over meat. Bake covered 1 hour in oven or 1 hour in crock pot. Note: I also added a sprinkle of cocoa powder to the liquid ingredients to be poured over the meat.
Another successful recipe down!