Quick, easy, and yummy!
Easy Baked Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups diced tomato, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or any herb)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add spinach and 2 cups tomato; cook for 4 minutes, until spinach wilts.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of tomato, herbs, and salt. Transfer the cooked tomato mixture to the bowl and stir well. Add pasta to tomato mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Grease bottom of baking dish with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Pour pasta mixture into dish. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 4 more minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.