Courtesy of The Hershey, Pennsylvania Cookbook…
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
- 3/8 cup HERSHEY’S semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour loaf pan. Mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix in oil, eggs, and bananas, Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick; if the toothpick comes out clean, the loaf is done. Let cool for 15 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf