I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now. The rainy/icy morning gave me the perfect excuse for Chocolate French Toast courtesy of Hershey’s Kitchens.
Chocolate French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl until smooth.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Grease with margarine if necessary.
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on griddle. Cook about 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with fresh fruit if desired.
One serving (2 slices of bread + 1/2 cup strawberries) is only 320 calories. Perfect way to sneak in a little cocoa for some added health benefits.