I have a (bad?) habit of reading lots of magazines and tearing out pretty much every recipe that I see. The problem? I have a stockpile of recipes that I’ll never attempt. I finally had some free time during a weekend to sort through my stockpile and do a little organizing, therefore fulfilling #49 from my list of things to do.
While organizing, I found some recipes I could legitimately try and used them to plan my meals for the next two weeks. I stuck to my plan fairly well…the only time I deviated was when I had a friend in town and we decided to go to dinner together. I left my weekend meals open for leftovers and variable plans, but planned the rest of the time out. Here’s how the last two weeks played out:
- Sunday/Monday: Chicken Cacciatore (made in my awesome purple crock pot!)
- Tuesday: Quinoa Salad with Tilapia
- Wednesday: Pork Carnitas
- Thursday: Chef Salad
- Friday: Jimmy John’s
- Saturday/Sunday: leftovers/food experiments with Phil 🙂
- Monday: Quinoa Medley
- Tuesday: dinner with Ana!
- Wednesday: Ginger-Soy-Lime Marinated Chicken
- Thursday: Mac & Cheese with Tuna
- Friday: Waldorf Salad Wrap
- Saturday: leftovers